Ask your child about…
- What are some words with rr ?
- The cause and effect of events
- Reading the sight words: yo mami la un sí el las es de y mi mira muy me no al su en dijo amigos todos lo ya día estaba cuando después ir para ella gusta del tío mar que
- Identifying the letter names and sounds: a e o i u m p l s n d t c f b r g ch ñ v q j ll k rr
- His/her favorite math work place.
- Writing and reading numbers to 20
- The names of the shapes (triangle, circle, square, rectangle, hexagon, rhombus, trapezoid).
- The names of 3-D shapes (sphere, cylinder, cube, cone)
- The attributes of the shapes (the square has 4 equal sides; the rectangle has 2 long sides and 2 short sides; the triangle has 3 sides; the circle is round and doesn’t have sides).
- Counting 30 objects
- Counting to 100 by 1s (1, 2, 3, 4….100) and 10s (10, 20, 30….100)
- Comparing two quantities to tell which one is more, less or if they are equal
- Decomposing numbers 11-19 into tens and ones (15= 10 + 5, 1 ten and 5 ones)
- Basic addition and subtraction
This page contains useful information about what your child will learn in kindergarten and how you can help at home. The Home Connections are a fun and engaging way to practice math at home. The students have worked on the skills required for Home Connections 1-13.
Here you will find information and activities which will help your child with science (click on the guest tab). The following module will be helpful at this time of the year: Solids and Liquids.