Ask your child about…
- What are some words with the letter l ?
- The setting of a story or book
- Reading the sight words: yo mami la un sí el las es
- Identifying the letter names and sounds: a e o i u m p l
- The oral vocabulary words: descubrir, naturaleza, bellota, espía, patrón, vaina
- His/her favorite math work place.
- Writing and reading numbers to 10
- The names of the shapes (triangle, circle, square and rectangle).
- The attributes of the shapes (the square has 4 equal sides; the rectangle has 2 long sides and 2 short sides; the triangle has 3 sides; the circle is round and doesn’t have sides).
- Counting 10 objects
- Counting to 100 by 1s (1, 2, 3, 4….100) and 10s (10, 20, 30….100)
This page contains useful information about what your child will learn in kindergarten and how you can help at home. The Home Connections are a fun and engaging way to practice math at home. The students have worked on the skills required for Home Connection 1.
Here you will find information and activities which will help your child with science (click on the guest tab). The following module will be helpful at this time of the year: Trees.