Ask your child about…
- What sound does the letter y make?
- What are some words that begin with the letter of the week y ?
- Comparing and contrasting
- What do we do when we want to know new places?
- Reading the sight words: yo mami la un sí el las es de y mi mira muy me con más
- Identifying the letter names and sounds: a e o i u m p l s n d t c y
This link will take you to the log in page for the electronic resources available for all reading units. We are currently working on Unit 5, Week 3. Please contact me if you would like the log in information.
- His/her favorite math work place.
- Numbers to 20
- Skip counting
- Estimating and measuring length
- Addition and subtraction
- Word problems
- The names of the shapes (triangle, circle, square, rectangle, hexagon, rhombus, trapezoid).
- The attributes of the shapes (the square has 4 equal sides; the rectangle has 2 long sides and 2 short sides; the triangle has 3 sides; the circle is round and doesn’t have sides).
- Counting from 1-100
This page contains useful information about what your child will learn in kindergarten and how you can help at home. The Home Connections are a fun and engaging way to practice math at home. The students have worked on the skills required for Home Connections 1-19.
Here you will find information and activities which will help your child with science (clink on the guest tab). The following module will be helpful at this time of the year: Solids and Liquids.